3 June 2011

DCM- Flowers for June

It's Daring Card Makers time again, blimey where has that week gone?? This week the challenge is:
This week we return to our First Friday of the Month series of Flower challenges.

The flowers for June are:
Roses and Honeysuckle
so we'd like you to take one or both of those flowers as your inspiration for your crafting.. With flowers like that to base your cards around we know we're in for a treat this week and we can't wait to see what you come up with.
So here's what I came up with:

I'm making up a nostalgicy kitschy 50's seaside kind of kit this week and I think it has rubbed off in my cardmaking because when I've gone digging in my scrap bag for goodies to use I've picked out similar nostalgicy/50's colours & patterns. I'm not sure why I like this card, I just do. I had some leftover pieces of card so I cut them into 6x4 and set about making a set of notecards. I cut the teacup out from fabric first. I set out with the idea to use the rose stamp in the background but it fitted on the teacup so I just stamped it on there to make it look kind of more vintagey. The rest of the card is just layered up paper scraps and deco tapes. I added the embellie at the end it's made with mulberry paper, a scallop of paper and bakers twine.

Go have a peek over on Daring Cardmakers Blog to see more goodies ---> http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the card - you are very talented! x

Jacki Daniels said...

Hi Leo just found your blog and now a follower your cards are beautiful love them
Jacki xx

Juls said...

love this!! Hugs Juls

Rika said...

Pretty card, love that flower.

Kathy said...

An absolute delight! Love the way you do the kitschy vintage thing - something I can never get to work so I'm always happy to admire the way you do it!

Lynda said...

Fab card Leo - great style!

Love Lynda xxx

Dolly Mixtures said...

Love your style Leo - I too have become hooked on your lovely blog. Love your unique take on the challenges. That little tea cup stmaped with the rose is inspired!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Fabulous card, the kitsch style is truly wonderful and such a great idea for this theme!