10 June 2011

DCM - Father Christmas

Now I love Christmas cards don't get me wrong but Christmas cards in June is a little too much for me. It's my brothers birthday on Monday and I always try and think of a fun idea for a card to make for him so when I saw Jo's dare for the Daring Cardmakers this week this idea almost straight away popped into my head.
The little Santa I cut out of a Cosmo Cricket paper tag I had fun browsing through my Christmas stash leftover from last year. I mixed in some other leftover bits and pieces of paper there's Lily Bee, Crate Paper and Bazzill card. The stickers are October Afternoon and Echo Park and Thickers - it's a real mix up!
If you want to play along with this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge head over there now and check it out. We've got another giveaway this week of some lovely Echo Park papers! www.daringcardmakers.blogspot.com

xx Leo

10 comments:

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

What a brilliant idea to come up with an 'alternative' Santa card! I'm sure your brother is going to love it!

Kathy said...

Leo, this is a brilliant take on the dare and such a gorgeous, eclectic mix of things to see

Kirsten said...

This is soo cute and cool! I love it! Hope to read more about the crafts you make!:)

Dolly Mixtures said...

Oh Leo, your card really made me smile. I am completly with you about christmas cards in June - but you were able to do such a fun take on the dare that it was worth it!

Oscar said...

I love your take on this weeks dare and so much detail, especially like the birthday candle!

Lynda said...

A genius card - I don't think I've ever seen a birthday card with Santa on it - it's brilliant! Love all the detail.

Love Lynda xxx

Zuzana Obert said...

Fabulous and cute card Leo :0)

Zuz. x x

Annette said...

Absolute genius and really made me laugh with its quirkiness. Loving your blog.

Miri said...

Such a clever idea! And your father Christmas looks great on a birthday card =)

Jo said...

I love the way that you have managed to add Father Christmas to a non Christmas card :) 'tis a fabulous card

jo x