20 February 2009

An October Afternoon

Over on the October Afternoon blog all this week there have been reveals of their new lines and I've been so excited because I absolutely love October Afternoon papers! Anyone who knows me knows I love polka dot stuff and October Afternoon papers are the polka dottiest on the block along loads of other awesome patterns and crisp clean colours. I just love em and can't wait for some new patterns!
Among all the fun of the new goodie releases there are also some cool sketches to have a play with so I had to I have a play....
Sketch #1

I used loads of different October Afternoon papers, the 'Rosie's Dinner' clear stamps set, Detours Journalling cards and 'Charleston' rub-ons. Also used a little bit of fabric and some vintage buttons from my stash. The photos are actually little pockets that contain the journalling bit and other little tab bits to lift out. The sun I made with some October Afternoon paper, doodled on and cut out and then a piece glued onto some chipboard and made into a big chipboard button punching holes with my cropodile.Sketch#2

I love colourful fun vintage stuff and I think that's why I do like October Afternoon papers so much because they are a little bit vintage kitchy. These are all photos of my grandparents from the 50's and the papers and stamps work with the photos so well (I think so anyway). I used the diecut remains bit from one of the Detours Journaling Cards sheets to make frames for the photos and then layered those up with foam pads to give it dimension. The title is stamped with the Rosie's Diner stamps again (yep they are my faves lol) and I made some more chipboard buttons using off cuts of chipboard covered with paper and sanded on the edges then punched holes in and stitched on my LO.

The lace at the top and the buttons on the journal card are all ones from my grandmas sewing box (she always knows I can give her old junk a happy home) so they could actually be from the 50's, I like to think so anyway. lol

Thank you to the October Afternoon DTers for some fab sketches and giving me a good excuse to get my cute papers out again and have a play. xx Leo

2 comments:

tiggertastic said...

wow fantastic scrap booking, i love all the papers you have used Sarah x

Anonymous said...

These are both fantastic!!! Great job on the sketches!!