16 September 2011

Daring Cardmakers 'How Many Candles?'

This week Kathy has set the dare and we have to make a card using at least one candle. Myself and the rest of the team also got to try out some Funky Hand papers from the new 'Happy Happy Birthday' cd. Funky Hand are giving away one of the very same cd's this week if you take part in this dare so head on over to The Daring Cardmakers to check out the details and have a go!
Here's what I came up with this week:
When I set about to make the card I found out I only had small scraps of white card left in my stash eek! So I had a look around for some other things I could print the papers onto. I have a packet of white paper doilies and I do love a bit of an experiment so I thought I'll have a go at printing the papers on the doilies. I used small dabs of Pritt Stick to temporarily glue the doilies to a sheet of printer paper and then popped the sheet in my printer and printed the papers over the top. Once the sheet had printed I peeled them off the sheet.

 I got some really cool patterned paper doilies but I also got the pattern left on the paper too as a bonus!

I printed the other papers, (pink and orange stripe) on one of the scraps of white card I had left and used dies and hand cutting to cut out the shapes from them. The flowers are Sassafras Foldies and all the alphabet stickers are American Crafts. The little doily sticker under the candles and the heart sticker are American Crafts too from the Amy Tangerine remarks sticker book. I used real birthday candles tied up with twine and glued on.
Head on over to have a peek at what the rest of the Daring Cardmakers team came up with as we all had different paper to use, http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com


7 comments:

Lythan said...

WOW! that is so clever Leo. What ana amzing idea. And real candles on the card is such a cute finishing toch too

Rika said...

Stunning card Leo!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Brilliant card, I love the summery feel to it, and adding real candles is a great idea. Love the doily idea too, I shall have to give that a try.

Jo said...

Making printed doilies is a fantastic idea- gonna have to try it :) Gorgeous card :D

jo xx

Katherine said...

Beautiful card and an excellent idea....I was just admiring your colourful doiley....going to have a go printing now :)

Kathy said...

wow Leo - what a brilliant idea to print on the doilies! I must have a go at that.

I love your bright and funky card

Loopylou. said...

Leo, wow just wow!!! oh i love the doily trick!! gonna have to try that out!!
your card is so cute and i love the real candles too
hugs Lou xxx