23 November 2009

Challenging myself on a rainy day

This Sunday was so glum weather wise the only thing to do was whack the heating up high and get down to some crafting. I had a look for some inspiration and I decided to do a couple of challenges. First one was this weeks Daring Cardmakers challenge, which I haven't done in a while and this week discovered it's decidedly tricky! We have to make a card with at least 3 things on it that have the same first letter as your initial - I'm Leonora so for me it's L. Now can you guess what I used?.........


OK this one is (faux) Letterpress stamped background, Layers and Letter stickers. A bit tenuous maybe? OK next one is a bit more literal then.....



This one is another faux Letterpress stamped background, lace, label stickers and a lollipop! If you're wandering what I mean by faux letterpress I used my Cuttlebug and embossing folders with paint rolled onto one side (the side that when you open it out is facing you) and cotton paper, that helps the paint release without breaking up the paper, any paper that's fibery would work just as well. Jam it all together, roll it though your bug and you get a cool faux letterpress effect. Had lots of fun playing with that.

Next I did a scrapbook page and got inspiration from the sketch challenge on the Sarah's Cards blog that I got emailed. I only just realised while I was photographing it, the bright colours must have been my reaction to the horrid dark rainy weather! lol



I used some lovely Prima paper from the Paradise City collection and off cuts of Basic Grey Nook and Pantry and American Crafts Letterbox. The base card is American Crafts, I absolutely love AC cardstock the colours are so lush. This one is Lemon I think - I'd call it pow in your face yellow, love it! :-) The letter stickers are a mix up of Prima chipboard ones, Making memories and Jenni Bowlin. The flower embellie is a Prima one too but I pulled it apart and layered some of the papers up in the middle of it then finished it off with a vintage button. Add on a bit of stitching and some sloshy white paint and that's it.



I'm off to invent a cake recipe now that has everything in we have in the cupboard, I know I've got marshmallows and cocoa powder so it might involve those two. Going to snuggle up and watch Americas Next Top Model tonight and indulge in hot chocolate and cake! lol
xx Leo

12 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

Ah, we are having a cottage pie recipe that contains most of the veg I found lurking in the fridge!! CLose! Love your days work..crikey, bet you wish it rained every day!

Lythan said...

these are absolutely luscious Leo! thanks for playing along this week :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. Absolutely gorgeous. :)

Vanessa.

Rachael Elliott said...

Just gorgeous!! Love the bright colours.

Vicky said...

Great stuff, love the letterpress background, tfs. :)x

Tracy said...

Stunning work as usual Leo, love that LO, good luck.
Hugs Tracy x

Lynda said...

Beautiful work. Love the 'L' card. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Mole said...

Some great creations there. Wonder what I'd have made with 'G' ... maybe gold, gems and, errrrr Glitzy Designs paper??!!

Pat said...

Wow I love that. Well done!! :)

++MIRA++ said...

these look great!

Claire Crompton said...

Stunning layout, well done.

Cx

Gems said...

Ooh fab interpretation of the sketch, I love the bright colours and of course the fab photo! :o) xx