29 November 2012

December Daily 2012

Well it's that time of year again! Can't believe it's come around again so quickly. It almost caught me off guard this year but I managed to put my book together over a couple of evenings.
I started off putting a kit of goodies together. I've been reading the Homemaker magazine last week and it had a book of vintage pattern fabric papers in along with Christmas make ideas and it gave me the idea to mix up everyday patterned papers with Christmas themed ones so I mixed up some Crate Paper Sleigh Ride, Paper Party and On Trend papers that all had a vintage look to them. I also added some papers I had in my stash from Quirky Kits, mostly from the 'Tell me more' kit. The numbers I used are from that kit, the sheet of My Minds Eye paper.

 
I think it's the easiest way to make a quick album, to start with a kit first and then work with it till there's not much left over. The bits I have got left I'm putting to one side for extra decorating once I've added the photos. The hardest bit was getting started and deciding on a size to go with. I did the 6x4 size last year so wanted to change it up this year. I ended up with 8x6" as the size for the basic book, it'll be a nice size to add Christmas cards in the back that I want to keep.
 
I started with the front and back covers which is just a two layers of paper stitched together with the sewing machine. I used a mask with mist on the back and lots of layers of papers and embellishments on the front. I'll add a piece of thick acetate over the cover to protect it once it's finished.

The pages I made up with layers of cardstock, along with some mixed up pages like an envelope, canvas, paper bag and tags stitched together.

Everything I'm just fixing together with bookrings so I can add lots to it. This is the finished book before I decorated the foundation pages.
Then these are the foundation pages done:








 

 
Lots of the embellished bits on the pages I stitched in place with my sewing machine so the edges can be lifted up and photos tucked behind them. There are pages with pockets or open parts too so I can add in bits and pieces I want to keep.
At the back I've got some journalling cards I made.
 I've added a few in the book and I've got some for spares to add after as it's filled or if I need them.


Book finished:
 
 
Looking forward to another fun December filling it up! :)
 
x Leo

5 comments:

Suzy said...

Leo that is just fab. I dont do a December Daily as I just dont think I do enough for Christmas now my two are grown up but your album almost makes me wish I was following this.

Might try to put something similar together for another purpose though. Great use for all the bits and pieces from the Quirky kits :)

Natty said...

It's simply stunning Leo - hope we'll see it filled up. You always amaze me with how easily and effortlessly you combine papers and layers, so envious!

Oscar said...

I love this album Leo, I agree with Nat how you seem to effortless combine papers and colours. Beautiful. x

Rika said...

Stunning, I love this album too!

Svenja said...

Wowww. This is so, soooo cool! I love all those details you've put into every single page. Hope you'll have a great time filling it with memories this next december!