29 July 2011

Daring Card Makers - Cute as a Button!

It's Sharon who has set the challenge for us this week and the challenge is to make a card using buttons as a main design element. I also had a double challenge this week as I needed to make a Christening card for my cousins three little ones. I've not got a massive supply of pastel pretty baby kind of colours in my supplies and the card needed to work for both girls and boys so I decided to go for yellow and blue. For the button element I decided to make some trim with buttons on. I used some calico and tore a strip then just stitched the buttons on. I made a big long length of it so I'm thinking of making a box for the card and wrapping some more of the button trim around it.



I might also add on the names onto each of the bears I'm not certain yet but it would be nice to incorporate the names somewhere I think?

Well hope you join in with the challenge this week. Pop onto the Daring Cardmakers blog to see what the rest of the design team have been cooking up! http://daringcardmakers.blogspot.com
xx Leo

6 comments:

Natty said...

Oooh it's so lovely Leo! How nice to receive such a gorgeous card especially if it's wrapped up in a box with matching trim.
I think adding the names would be a lovely touch as well. :)
Btw, is the paper Collage Press? If so I have some bits of it left over from a Self-Addressed kit - one of my favourite ever papers they provided. :D

Kathy said...

This is so adorable! Adding names would be the perfect
Finishing touch - are the bears toosmall to add bibs with names on?

Dolly Mixtures said...

Such a sweet card Leo. I agree, names would look great stitched across the little bears tummies. Did you crochet those as well? This is a wonderful keepsake of their christening.

Lythan said...

What a wonderful card. it looks so touchy feely. The trim around the box would be amazing!

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

That is just soooo sweet!! I love those bears (and I think adding the names would be brill). The buttons look great, what a fab idea.

Oscar said...

Ah Leo, this is so sweet, I love the teddy bears!