25 January 2010

Reuse, recycle and create

Finally I'm able to get started with the first page in my 2010 album. I had a think about how to get started and looking around found some goodies I'd save from Christmas that 'could' be used for crafting. I'm sure most crafters have these moments where we save things that look like they could have a crafty second life. If you do it's defo a good starting point for a page I think. I picked out some packaging that as well as being pretty has a decorative shape. I'm going to use this shape as a template for my page. Along with the packaging I picked out a photo to use and some card to use as my base.



I've used the packaging to make the page shape, drawing around it across the top and bottom. The page size is dictated by my album so I measure that first and cut a page to fit. I've borrowed th colour scheme from the packaging too which has helped me to pick out the paper. This paper is one from the Collage Press Joyride collection. I've matted my photo on to pink card and inked around the edge of the page with silver ink. I'm not sticking my photo on my page yet I'm going to play around with it first before I stick it down.



After a little bit more decorating my page is finished. I've used some alphabet stickers and made some embellishments with lace. It's now ready for the album. To add it to my album I just punched some holes in the shaped page. A shaped page could also go on top of or inside a page protector.



On the back I've used a label stamp and added some journalling.



Crafting for all group recap: Use something from your craft goodies or around the home as a starting point for your page. Cut your page into a shape other than a square. Have fun!

xx Leo

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Love your album, Leo. What a great idea